Are you interested in places to visit in Uttarakhand? Here is a list of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand for a unique experience and a fun holiday amidst the snow-clad mountains and serene surroundings. Discover paradise as we bring you the best places to visit in this part of paradise in northern India. Check out the best tourist spots in Uttarakhand!
Top 5 Amazing Places To Visit In Uttarakhand
1. Dehradun And Mussoorie – Picturesque Location
The capital of Uttarakhand, Dehradun has a beautiful location with a beautiful view of the Himalayan mountains and the river Ganga flowing in every corner of the city. Mussoorie is about 38 km from Dehradun. It is considered as the ‘Queen of Hills’ and attracts many tourists every year to visit the famous places of Uttarakhand, which also makes it the place to visit in Uttarakhand in two days.
Reasons to visit: Beautiful weather and landscape
Best for: Peace seekers, vacationers, families and friends
Best time to visit: All year round
Ideal duration: 2 to 3 days
How to reach: It takes about five hours to reach Dehradun from Delhi by road. From Dehradun, Mussoorie is only an hour’s drive away. The nearest airport is Dehradun – Jolly Grant Airport.
Things to do: Visit national parks, lakes, Kempty Falls, Mount Benog, and Jwalaji Temple. Monastery, Resort, and Forest Research Institute in Dehradun
Where to Stay: Ramada Dehradun Chakrata Road, AruBhi Cottage, Hotel Relax, Tapasya Home Stay, FabHotel Invitation.
2. Nainital And Ranikhet – Popular GetawayOne of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand and a popular destination for couples and families is Nainital. It is located near the famous Naini Lake in the valley, surrounded by hills on all sides where one can enjoy the beautiful view of nature. Also, there are many places to explore as tourist destinations in Nanital. These are also two places to visit in Uttarakhand during monsoons!
Reasons to visit: The lush greenery of Nainital offers an exotic view of the Himalayan ranges. Enjoy trekking trails in Ranikhet and camp at the main landmark of the place.
Best for: honeymooners, office travellers, couples and families.
Best time to visit: All year round.
Ideal duration: 4 to 5 days
How to reach: Nainital has no direct access to air connectivity. The nearest railway station is located at a distance of 34 km in Kathgodham. It takes around 7 hours from Delhi to reach Nainital.
Things to do: Visit the plethora of temples in Ranikhet, go trekking and visit Nainital Zoo and Naini Lake. Enjoy the wildlife sanctuary and wonderful climate of the hill station.
Where to stay: Kainchi Dham Hilly Homestay, Hotel Chandra Inn Royal Rose, The Manu Maharani, The Naini Retreat.
3. Jim Corbett – Wildlife HeavenIf you are looking for famous tourist places in Uttarakhand, this pace is worth visiting. Formerly known as Haley National Park, Jim Corbett was established in 1938 and attracts visitors for the Royal Bengal Tigers. The park is home to 600 species of birds, an equal number of animals and about 488 different plants and trees and is one of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand. Jim Corbett organizes safaris and treks through the protected forest area throughout the year. Safari is still one of the best things to do in Jim Corbett.
Reason to visit: This is the must-see place if you are a wildlife enthusiast, photographer and nature lover.
Best time to visit: All year round, except monsoons (June to August)
Best for: nature lovers, photographers, hikers.
Ideal duration: 2 to 3 days
How to reach: Ramnagar is the nearest railway station while Dehradun airport is the nearest airport. It is well connected by road and there are regular bus services from Ramnagar and Delhi.
Things to do: Elephant rides, elephant safaris, jeep safaris, photography and unplanned excursions.
Where to stay: Lebua Corbett, The Den Corbett Resort, Vanghat Jungle Lodge, The Riverview Retreat, Lemon Tree Premier, Corbett.
4. Rishikesh And Haridwar – Adventure CapitalOther places to visit in Uttarakhand are the tourist capital – Rishikesh and the pilgrim capital – Haridwar. Haridwar is a tourist destination that delights with the spiritual touch and spiritual energy of the place and its surroundings. Rishikesh is considered to be the best place to visit in Uttarakhand. Some of the fun activities to do in Rishikesh include rafting, bungee jumping, mountain biking and many more.
Reason to visit: Rishikesh as it is the adventure capital of India; Haridwar for tranquility and religion.
Best for: Everyone: friends, couples and families. Best time to visit: Any time of the year is good except monsoon.
Ideal duration: 3 to 4 days
How to reach: The nearest airport is in Dehradun. Trains connect Rishikesh and Haridwar.
Things to do: Attend the Ganga aarti in Haridwar, a holy dip in the Ganges river, take a boat ride, eat local delicacies and talk to spiritual gurus. Visit the ashram of Rishikesh; Pratica sport aquatici a Rishikesh e fai trekking sulle colline.
Where to stay: Om Shivaay Inn, Shaantam Resorts and Spa, Shiv Shakti Hostel, Swiss Cottage Rishikesh, Hill Top Swiss Cottage.
5. Almora – Famous Offbeat PlacesFrom the points of interest in Uttarakhand, Almora is one of the best offbeat places to visit in Uttarakhand, especially in summer to escape the heat. The picturesque views of Almora are especially recommended for mountain lovers. This romantic destination will seduce you with its magnificent beauty. This is one of the most beautiful places in Uttarakhand.
Reason to visit: Because the serenity and peace that Almora offers is hard to find so easily.
Best for: romantic couples, solo travelers, adventurous people.
Best time to visit: Any time of the year, excluding monsoon.
Ideal duration: 3 to 4 days
How to reach: The nearest airport is Pantnagar, at a distance of 116 km from Almora and the nearest railway station is Kathgodam, 90 km away. Things to do: Buy handicrafts, enjoy the natural environment, go hiking.
Where to stay: Stars & Pines, Kasar Himalaya Holiday Home, Hotel Kausani Retreat, Jungle Homestay.